Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I learned at club this week

-There is no 4 letter front extension to THOLE. (lots of 3 letter ones, though, and BUT isn't one of them, sadly.)

-SPREE is not a verb. (would have tried it if I got ING, and my opponent wasn't sure if they'd challenge.)

-when you don't see AEINRRS in your flashcards for a while, you may end up ripping out your hair over the fact that you know it forms a word while the little Samtimer clock laughs at you and keeps counting down.

-LORrAINE* is a phony, and if you take a few more seconds, you'll find that there are a dozen other playable bingos on the board.

-AAINOV? has another bingo in it besides OVARIAN. (I needed it to play to an S.)

-OVOLI is the plural of OVOLO (how did I know the first one and not the second?)





No comments: