Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I learned from club this week

1. Missed ACMOTTU to an H. Also forgot MAUT.
2. RURBAN is a cool word.
3. EINRRY? plays through an A.
4. CEEKNT? has one anagram.
5. OK, here's the big lesson: I lost the second game three times. Here's how:
    a) I had AEGNORS and thought S(MUTCH) was good but didn't know for sure.
    b) I didn't take long enough to find the one spot my opponent could play his Q for a bunch of points.
    c) I didn't find BREN as an outplay, the only one that would've won.
Had I done a, b, or c I would've won the game. Here's the question I have for you more experienced players:
So I held MUTCH when it was played, but luckily let it stay. Here's the board. So what should I have done? I had a slight suspicion that SMUTCH was good. But if I play my bingo and I'm wrong, I likely lose. I obviously end up blowing the game anyways, but can anyone come up with a strategic way to decide whether not to make the play?

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I came up with all these anagrams for CEEKNT at freescrabbledictionary.com

3 letter words
tee ken nee ten tec

4 letter words
teen neck keen knee cent

5 letter words
ctene

Found 11 words in 0.8024 seconds

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It is really helpful..Scrabble is my favorite.
Scrabble Word Finder

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rod aka Tactix said...

In the game that you link to on Crosstables, you could have played NECKTiE on move 9. If you're still active in Scrabble, I (and I sure others) miss the podcast. Thanks for putting in the work you did on it!