I1. IAMBI is a great word.
2. ADEEKIM makes a word with an R.
3. AGOS* isn't good (luckily I got away with it)
4. BAIRD* also isn't good (argh)
5. DANCINGS* isn't good either (double argh)
6. When someone plays a word near the end of the game that puts them ahead 80 points (see above), you should probably challenge it if you're unsure if it's a phony.
7. Don't add insult to injury by giving them a spot to play a third bingo against you on the last play.
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
NIBLETS (and NIBLET) were just announced as the two words of 8 letters or less (i.e. most likely to be played) that were incorrectly omitted from the new tournament word list. There was also a list of 24 words under 8 letters that should be deleted.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Haha ok I know this post sounds a little odd, but I just tried to play PERVY+ in a Facebook game that didn't have the new dictionary yet and wasn't able to. So naturally I thought 'I wonder if it's in the new word list?' Yep, it is. So is PERVO+
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Monday, October 6, 2014
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
Thursday, October 2, 2014
FASHIONY+ fashionable, trendy
Yes, it's only good in the new scrabble dictionary! I guess my kid is ahead (or current with) the times. Also makes for a fun back hook.