Sunday, November 28, 2010

Things I learned at club this (last) week

1. THOU is a verb!!!

2. There are 4 bingos through a P if you have AENNOT?

3. AEEMNUS through an R has a cool bingo.

4. AENRSUY has an anagram.

5. IJOSUU? plays through a B!!!

I've discovered that if I miss these things (most of them I didn't know), I'm still doing a decent job of finding the best non-bingo play. So that's good, I guess.

I played a game against a new(er)comer and drew a challenge on URETHAN/TOPHE. Later I  played ANGARAS* (looking now I know it's a phony, but in the moment I just confused it with ANGORAS) and he left it on. I felt bad afterward, but I was having a really high scoring game and didn't want to hold back on trying something just because I suspected he might not challenge. (He had also lost a turn for playing EE*) I suppose I could have told him he could have free challenges, but I wasn't sure what his skill level was when we started, and also, the last time I did that I ended up losing the game! Ah well, regardless of that, I was happy with my play, I scored over 400 in my other two games and bingoed 3 times (legitimately) in those.

No comments: