Monday, August 30, 2010

One thing I learned at club tonight

1. If you get to the end of the game, and you've tracked correctly, and your opponent has DEERST? on their rack, BLOCK THE ONE POSSIBLE SPOT ON THE BOARD FOR THEM TO BINGO! Don't sit there and try and figure out what the 9's are through TA or IT. Just play something there in case they've already figured out a 9, (which you should have suspected since they weren't shuffling their tiles around at all, just waiting for you), RES(TA)rTED, for example.

In my defense, I stopped in for a quick game (sometimes on mondays I skip my lunch and try and squeeze a game in before I clock out of work), and just didn't have the patience to really figure out what bingos might have been possible. And at second glance, there was actually one other spot to bingo out. But I'm not sure she would have seen it.

No comments: