Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sweet Front Extension

I've been playing a guy on Facebook Scrabble who has the last name of Axelrod- often when I find someone whom I have a fun (usually close) game with, I'll end up playing several games in a row with them.

Another thing I do with people I repeatedly play on Facebook is title the games with interesting 'scrabble' words...  So in this case, I was looking for a longer word that contained AXEL in it.. and apparently, the only one is


PACLITAXEL n. An anticancer drug derived from the bark of the Pacific yew tree and used in the treatment of ovarian and breast cancer that has not responded to prior therapy.

How cool is that!? I guess this is actually the full name for another 'scrabble' word, TAXOL. Oh, and ANTICANCER is good, too, in case you were wondering. Now I just have to remember to check for ACILPT on my rack next time someone plays AXEL next door to a TWS or DWS.

Oh, and if you're interested in playing me on Facebook, (and if you're relatively indiscriminate about who you 'friend' there, like me), feel free to email me.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Axelrod, what a good scrabble name. It brings me back to last year when I took Game Theory in Economics. Axelrod and John Nash were the only two names I remembered for the geniuses of game theory.