Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Studying 4s

So we've had an extra laptop in our house for the past few weeks, and I just recently figured out that I can carry it along with me to work. (I'm a letter carrier for the Post Office. So if you see a guy in western mass typing in his truck instead of delivering mail, it might be me.) I installed Zyzzya, and decided to start seriously studying my four letter words. I could be wrong, but I think that learning the '4s' is one of the main hurdles one has to get over before moving toward the upper end of an intermediate ranking. Of course, I haven't actually played in a tournament since 2008, so I don't really know what my ranking is. Hopefully it's higher than the 1075 I rated after the two that I played in that year. Not because I'm egotistical about it, but because I'd be ticked if I've been studying flashcards and reviewing games all this time without improving. Anyway, here's a few words I've discovered recently, narrowed down because they are formed from surprise -Y end hooks.

ATOPY a type of allergy (ATOPIC adj)
BOTHY a hut in Scotland
COBBY stocky
DONSY donsie (adj) (anagram: SYNOD)


No comments: