Saturday, February 27, 2010

LOL

Here's some fun words that end in LOL:

ATENOLOL a drug to treat hypertension

LINALOL linalool (a fragrant alcohol) .....I knew this one, but not the -LOOL spelling.

SALOL a chemical compound (OLLAS)

SANTALOL sandalwood oil ....... or, Santa Laughs Out Loud.

TALLOL a resinous liquid

THEELOL estriol (an estrogen) .....alt spelling of ESTRIOL- who knew?

TIMOLOL a drug used to treat glaucoma ..... someone played this on me on Facebook. Then they tried to  tell me they had glaucoma, so they knew this word. Sure.

XYLOL xylene (a flammable hydrocarbon) ..... the word that got me thinking about this entry.

Speaking of LOL (or ROTFL, LMAO,  etc.)... I have a problem. I find that even if it's the only online comment I can think of using when I respond to someone's post, it still makes me sound like a 15 year old. But the alternatives, ('Ha Ha!, 'Too Funny!', etc.) make me sound like my mom. What to do? I'm thinking of starting a new one:
LSOLTSTITTF  (Long Sequence Of Letters To Show That I Think That's Funny)

No comments: