Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I learned at club this week

1. Aside from taking an N and J front hook, APERIES also takes DR- and GR- front extensions.

2. Two new 5's: DICTY (snobbish, adj.) GUTTA (a drop of liquid, takes an E, no S)

3. Two new 6's: QUARTO (a paper size, not sure how I didn't know this hook to QUART)   BRUXED (to grind the teeth, knew BRUX, but not that it was a verb.)

I just dropped in for one game, and I was pretty happy with my play, even though I lost.. I was down 100 points pretty quick as my opponent played two natural bingos, AAEIPRS and HIENSST through an I (I also didn't know there was a bingo without the I), but I clawed my way back to what was nearly a chance to bingo out and win. I was happy that I knew to open a lane at the end and fish at mostly the right times, even though the right tiles didn't come my way. Got her to challenge ADEGMNOT (which I wasn't 100% on myself.)

Play the game here
(note: I switched the player names by accident)



No comments: